Friday, October 1, 2010

NBA Blog-World Alert: Trey Kerby is leaving BDL

Now, many people have noticed that I'm pretty decent with writing. I'm usually pretty modest, but I have to admit that I get a lot of praise for being entertaining with my apparently-awesome skills.

And while people praise me for my work, I don't get a big head. There's a reason for that, people. That reason is that I've learned and studied the best. If you ask anyone, I model my style of writing after three great writers: Jim Murray, Jason Whitlock and Trey Kerby.

Which is a great transition into the topic of the day: Trey Kerby is leaving Yahoo! Sports' NBA blog, Ball Don't Lie.

Now, I have been a huge follower of his since The Blowtorch. I've followed him around from the Fourth-Place Medal, to his swag rankings on BDL, all the way to his arrival (and departure) as editor of Ball Don't Lie.

Is this creepy? Probably. But I'll stick to my guns and say that Trey Kerby has had the biggest influence on my style of writing as well as my views on the NBA and the world that surrounds it. And I say all of this without shame.

Now, Trey Kerby didn't disappear, mind you. Rather, he's going to work with The Basketball Jones. Sounds familiar, since his predecessor, J.E. Skeets, did the same exact thing.

Yet, this departure is far too disheartening for me. I know that the guys remaining at BDL will do a fine job, but I'm going to miss Trey Kerby, in a very not-creepy sort of way. His crazy analysis of NBA news is oftentimes the most hilarious part of my day, and that is saying something if you have ever lived my life.

All I can say now is that I'll miss Trey Kerby writing for BDL. I'll definitely keep tuned in to the Basketball Jones, but it just won't be the same.

Anyway, good luck Trey Kerby. Hopefully, Kelly Dwyer can hold the fort.

2 comments:

  1. trey kirby ok what ever but i dont like bdl i check it out and wow there just tarible only thing was the comdy video i brather do somthing else or maby i read to many of los lights out shooter to be honest with you bdl is horrible just my ipion thow

    los los los los


    rules


    bdl bdl bdl

    stinks maybe i should go back and read more ill come back tell you bbb and ball lies thow somtimes good luck on student adbassdor

    ReplyDelete
  2. awsome ARTCAL you have to be lagit now

    ReplyDelete